DOH advises the public to practice protective measures.
It is still the best way to protect oneself against COVID-19.
- Practice frequent and proper handwashing – wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Practice proper cough etiquette.
- Cover mouth and nose using tissue or sleeves/bend of the elbow when coughing or sneezing.
- Move away from people when coughing.
- Do not spit.
- Throw away used tissues properly.
- Always wash your hands after sneezing or coughing.
- Use alcohol/sanitizer.
- Maintain distance of at least one meter away from individual/s experiencing respiratory symptoms. Avoid unprotected contact with farm or wild animals (alive or dead), animal markets, and products that come from animals (such as uncooked meat).
- Ensure that food is well-cooked.
Stay Safe Everyone!