March is Fire Prevention Month, by virtue of Presidential Proclamation No. 115-A, issued on November 17, 1966, by then President Ferdinand E. Marcos. … The Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) is the lead agency for the observance.Don’t let your dreams go up in smoke, practice fire safety.
Check out these safety tips you should do to prevent fire:
In your home.
- Check all electrical wiring’s regularly
- Avoid electrical overloading.
- Install smoke alarm
- Do not smoke inside the house.
- Keep matches and other flammable objects out of your children’s reach.
- Keep the burning candles within your sight.
Safety in your kitchen
- . Keep an eye on your cooking.
- Do not store any flammable substance or any corrosive liquid in the kitchen.
- Make sure to inspect your kitchen before you go to sleep.
- Check your LPG tank..
- Have a fire extinguisher on hand since the kitchen area is where most fires start.
Fire Escape Planning
- Know where the main emergency fire doors are.
- Make a fire escape plan including escape routes and meeting places.
- Have emergency numbers ready.
BFP HOTLINE – SAN VICENTE – 09159343110
PNP – 09171479099