Republic Act No. 10661 declares the month of November of every year as National Children’s Month (NCM). This declaration commemorates the adoption of the Convention on the Rights of the Child by the United Nations General Assembly on 20 November 1989, and seeks to instill its significance in the Filipino consciousness.
This year’s theme is “Bata: Iligtas sa Droga” which is aligned with the President’s campaign against Illegal Drugs.
Lets us protect , The Rights of Children
- To be born, to have a name and nationality
- To have a family who will love and care to me
- To live in a peaceful community and a wholesome environment
- To have adequate food and a healthy and active body
- To obtain a good education and develop my potential
- To be given opportunities for play and leisure
- To be protected against abuse, exploitation, neglect, violence and danger
- To be defended and given assistance by the government
- To be able to express my own views.